Why yoga?


Meditation and yoga have become more socially accepted than before. Yoga as a workout routine has been accepted a bit longer but I think that it is now that more people are starting to accept the spiritual part and/or mindfulness of the practice – or the InnSæi (= "the sea within" or "to see within"), the power of intuition. Maybe we are ready now?

For me meditation and yoga goes hand in hand. It's all about connecting movement with breathing and with being here and now. The wonderful effects of practicing yoga will not happen in a second. One day at work when I was in a meeting, I noticed that I remained calm when defending an opinion I had about a project. Normally I find it really difficult to have the spotlight on me, my face turns red and I start to sweat, I usually get really nervous. BUT it did not happen this time. I was calm and present. It didn't take me long to see the connecting between my yoga practice and this magical moment at work.

Yoga is not only about helping your body to become strong and your mind to become calm, it's about doing everything in your everyday life with a new energy, a new confidence.

So this is the short version why I choose yoga.




Comments